Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Very slack about posting

The last couple weeks I have been really slack and I haven't been updating as often as I should have been. Part of that is that there isn't much news to tell, and part of it is that I have been getting myself in to a routine which didn't include posting. That's not to say that the routine I have gotten into is a bad thing. I am not feeling the depression I was experiencing a couple of weeks ago. The new term has brought some improvements in my teaching situation and I am enjoying my classes more. I have also stopped trying to keep up my Hapkido/gym schedual. I enjoyed the Hapkido. However, to get to Hapkido on time I was having to get up before 9 am. Now to all of you working regular jobs in other countries that might not sound too bad, but it wasn't working for me. I leave work around 10:15 pm most nights. I get home and around 3 nights a week I go to the gym around 10:30-10:40. I leave the gym a little after midnight and then I have a small dinner. That means that I am not even finished my day until 1 am. So my average bed time is 2:30. Its late, but I get up the next day at 10:30 with a good 8 hours sleep. I spend my mornings relaxing, a cup of tea, a good breakfast. Sometimes I go out shopping or down to Gwangali Beach to enjoy the view and a coffee. Then I leave for work at 3:30. While I was trying to maintain my Hapkido I was getting just over 6 hours of sleep each morning I went. In the end it was a source of stress rather than exercise and meditation. So I decided I had to choose between the gym and Hapkido. I am having a lot of fun at the gym, and I am seeing some real results. Plus I have a nice friendship developing with the evening gym manager. So the choice was easy. If I stay on a second year in Korea and I have a job with a better schedule I might take up Hapkido classes in the evening. However, I have never been a morning person and it is a source of great joy in my life that I have found a job which means I never have to be one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home