Tuesday, September 05, 2006

The last week of Summer.

By the time I reached the last week of the summer term I was on cruise control. I knew that I had a proper two-day weekend to look forward too. I was used to the 13 hour days, and my work kept me busy enough that I didn't have time to over think my life (like I have a tendency to do). On those long Monday/Wednesday/Fridays, each evening was so short that all I worried about when I got home was watching the movie I had downloaded that day and chilling out for a few hours.
The other reason the last summer week felt like it went by so quickly is that it was also the week I celebrated my 26th birthday! For those of you who don't know or don't remember, my birthday was on the 22nd of August. It fell in the middle of the work week, so I didn't do anything big, but it still ended up being a very nice night. Ian S. and Ange had told me the previous week about a place they had found near their apartment where you could get oven roasted duck! I thought it sounded really good, so I hooked up with them after work and we went for dinner. It was a really great choice. The oven the restaurant uses is actually outside right near the front door, so you can see all the birds roasting on spits. Most of the oven is plexiglass so you can see that the oven is wood fired. We decided on a huge party platter selection which provided us with duck ribs, sliced duck, and smoked duck sausage. You dip the meats in various sauces and wrap each piece up in lettuce with different side vegetables, chili, kimchi, garlic etc... It was really great. Afterwards, we went back to their apartment and Ian brought his computer downstairs and we sat outside, watched world championship basketball and ate the great chocolate cake that Ange and Ian had bought me. It was the first time I have ever eaten chocolate cake accompanied by cans of beer :)
All in all it was a very satisfying way to celebrate my birthday.

1 Comments:

At 10:45 p.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, yo!
I still need your address so I can mail out the gift I bought you IN JUNE!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home