Monday, April 09, 2007

Skiing in Korea

A while back I went skiing at Muju, the most popular ski resort in the southern part of S. Korea. A friend of mine, Murray, sets up a trip every year. I met Murray and the other skiers at 5am to get the bus to the ski slopes. I haven't been fortunate enough to experience great Canadian skiing since I was a small child. So I really enjoyed myself. It wasn't an amazing resort, but it was definitely superior to the skiing I have done in Ontario and Nova Scotia and Tasmania. We got to the slopes at about 9am and we skied until about 5pm.
The lower slopes were a bit crowded, but once I got my board legs back I headed to the upper slopes, which were both more challenging and less crowded. I spent about half my time skiing with some of Murray's students (Murray has been here for about 4 years and does only private lessons) which was nice. He brought 6-7 of his kids with him, which was really nice. They were really cool kids and it's nice to see some Korean kids doing something other than studying. The rest of the time I skied with western friends. It had actually been two years since my last time on the slopes. Apart from the enjoyment of skiing it was also nice to partake in an activity that seemed so Canadian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home