Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Welcome back

Hi everyone, My blog has been silent for quite a while now. I had a period of a month where my computer was down. My A/C adapter fried and I had to get one sent from Canada. By the time it arrived I was deep in the super busy Winter Vacation term and I was at school 10 hours a day. When February rolled around I had completely lost my blogging habit. But its time to get back into it.
Since a couple of month have gone by there is both a lot to talk about and not that much. I broke up with the girl I was dating (Min Ju) for a variety of reasons. The relationship only lasted two months so it wasn't too broken up about it. It was nice while it lasted and I learned a lot about Korean culture and dating in Korea. There hasn't been any new romance since we broke up in early January.
January was really quite a dead month. It was all work and not much fun. I made a lot of money, went out on the weekends and basically just survived. It was great to get back to my regular 3:30-10pm schedule in February. I didn't do anything special last month. I was saving my money so I could start to pay back some of my university debt. Also, there had been plans for my mum to come visit me during the Sulnal (Korean Lunar New Year) holiday, but she wasn't able to make it.
I guess my two biggest pieces of news are that I am now studying Korean properly at a Hogwan. I have two classes a week on Monday and Wednesday. Korean Grammar is both very difficult and easy. Difficult because it's totally different from English and sentences are constructed completely opposite from English, but easy because it doesn't break all it's own rules like English. Also things like tenses are far simpler. I have only had a couple weeks worth of lessons but I am already learning a lot.
The other big new is that I am going to North Korea! A friend found a company which organizes trips to Geum Gang Mountain. Which is a famously beautiful area about 80 km from Pyongyang. It's a three day weekend (leaving this Friday) which includes hiking, natural mountain hot springs and some cultural shows. Our movements will be restricted to certain areas, but I still think it's a really cool chance to see what is perhaps the most closed country in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home