Saturday, December 02, 2006

24 Hours to Koh Samui

I am writing this post from a little restaurant on the harbor front of the Thai city of Surat Thani. I just had a dish of chicken curry and a Singha beer. I am sweaty and tired, but I am feeling pretty good. I woke up this morning at 5am. At 5:45 I was out on the street walking towards the airport bus. Our flight from Pusan departed at 8:50 and we arrived in Bangkok 5.5 hours later. Unfortunately we had a 4.5 hour layover in the airport. We arrived in Surat Thani at 6:30pm local time. It turns out that its not much of a city to look at. however, we have decided that instead of getting a hotel room and taking a 2.5 hour ferry ride tommorrow to Koh Samui, we will catch a night ferry at 11pm. Its a sleeper boat which will get us to the island at 5am. I am planning to knock myself out with a couple of sleeping pills and hope that I don't get seasick. Going tonight means we get a full day on Koh Samui.
So, I started my day at 5am and I will arrive at my destination at 5am the next day. Its a 24 hour day of travel (26 with the time difference, but 24 hours has more style!) . Hopefully I will be able to find internet cafe's throughout the trip. So stay posted for frequent updates.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home