Monday, June 25, 2007

Beach Volleyball

I might have mentioned it before, but I have gotten really into beach volleyball lately. The two main beaches in Pusan are Haeundae and Gwangali. People play at both beaches. However, I am not really part of the Haeundae crowd and they tend to take their volleyball pretty seriously.



A friend of mine, Murray, owns a Volleyball net. Towards the end of April, the weather became warm enough to play. I never played much beach volleyball before coming to Busan. But the people playing at Gwangali are all about enjoying themselves and not taking the game to seriously.



I have played almost every weekend for the last two months and I feel like I am finally starting to get a reasonable amount of ball control. Last month, Murray actually went on holiday and left the net with me. So I have been organizing the games and taking care of the equipment. It's a bot of work, but it's also been a really good way to meet some new friends. Since I am there every weekend I have been meeting lots of really cool people.



This last week marked the beginning of the rainy season and we have had some rain almost every day. But on the plus side we still managed to play 4-5 hours of Volleyball on both Saturday and Sunday. We actually got rained on about 4 times on Saturday, but it was never more than light showers. So it was still fun.



Tom, a friend I met about a month ago playing volleyball, took the pictures I have posted here. He took them on Saturday, so you can see the rain clouds that kept us damp all day, but they came out nicely. I especially like the group shots which show the Gwangali bridge in the background with the sunset starting behind the clouds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home