Thursday, September 07, 2006

Positive frame of mind (P.S. finally caught up and posting about current events)

Well here we are everyone! I have finally caught myself up to the now. I am halfway through the second week of the fall term, and life is good. I feel like I have passed the initial phase of my time here. When I first arrived in Korea the only people I knew were Stotesbury and Ange. But my cell phone just passed the 20 mark in the phonebook and my social life is going at full steam. I played Beach Volleyball at Haeundae on Saturday. I played it again with a different group of people at Gwangali Beach on Sunday, and then I went bowling Monday night with a different group again. It feels really good to be able to meet so many great new people so quickly.

When I wrote my last post I was feeling a bit depressed. I guess one of the great skills in life is the ability to find the humour in every situation. Most of you have probably heard of Janglish, the humorous English translations you find on shops and signs all over Japan. Here in Korea we have our own version of that. It's called Konglish and some of it is hilarious. I have attached a picture of a local bakery near my apartment (they have great bread and pastries). Check out the lovely gold lettering above the store!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home