Wednesday, December 06, 2006

A good day and a bad day

Yesterday we took off on the scooters we rented and drove across the island. We stopped half way and climbed a small waterfall. It was a small 200 meter climb which finished at a really nice pool.



We took a swim and washed the sweat off and them climbed to a look out point which gave us a view of a third of the island.


After we got back down the hill we drove the rest of the way across the island. The original plan was to find one of the northern beaches which are well known for good snorkeling and diving. However, when we found a guy renting snorkel gear, he told us that because of the high tides and winds today, the water visibility was too poor. So we ended up just taking a swim and lying on the beach for a couple of hours. At least the beach was beautiful!


The evening was also great. The food on this trip has been great, but last night was really the highlight. For 8 dollars I got a whole Seabass, Panfried Thai style, with "three flavor sauce. Mmmmm!
The bad day is today. It started raining last night at about 2am and it has been raining on and off since then. I am sitting in an internet cafe right now watching monsoon style rain pour down. The Full Moon party is tonight, so the timing couldn't be better. Unlike Teal, the party isn't the highlight of the whole trip for me., but I was still looking forward to seeing one of the world's biggest parties in full swing. This weather will undoubtablymake for a somewhat smaller than usual event.
The real bummer is that I can't get my Korean bank card to work here. It has Cirrus and Maestro written on it, so I had assumed it would work fine. Stupid Korean banks! I should have enough to get me through the rest of the trip. But I will have to be careful and I won't be able to pay my share of the hotel until we get back home. It's not the end of the world, but it adds stress to what should be a relaxing holiday.

3 Comments:

At 10:34 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stellar posts, man!
Keep them up!
I'm just busy but when I have a chance I try and catch a peek to see what you're up to!

PS - I still have your b-day gift floating around in my room.
:(

 
At 11:09 a.m., Blogger Kozboy said...

:) Yeah it was a good trip. I just got back.

 
At 11:40 a.m., Anonymous Anonymous said...

UPDATE YOUR BLOG!!!!
:(

PS - Do you want a "care package" of Canadian things?
:D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home